This Carrot Cake Baked Oatmeal recipe is a morning treat to set you up for the day! It has sweet aromatic spices, nuts, raisins, dates, pumpkin seeds, grated carrots, bananas, and oats. Baked until slightly crisp on the outside and spiced delicious carrot cake-like inside. It's naturally sweet, gluten-free, 100% vegan, and takes just 10 minutes to get ready the night before.
Star healthy ingredients
This recipe is full of good wholesome ingredients. It's a great way to pack some good nutrition into your breakfasts. Follow the links to learn more about each of the star ingredients.
Rarely a day goes by that I do not eat oats. Oats are a true superfood, an ingredient I highly recommend incorporating into your daily routine. Learn more about oats here
Grated Carrots - High in fiber and vitamins.
Oats - Lots of plant protein and slow-releasing complex carbohydrates.
Walnuts - Omega 3 fats and essential minerals.
Pumpkin seeds - High in anti-oxidants, minerals, and plant-protein
Raisins - Naturally sweet, lots of minerals and fiber.
Banana: High in potassium, fiber, and antioxidants.
How to make carrot cake baked oatmeal
Grated carrots are mixed with mashed banana, oats, walnuts, spices, raisins, pumpkin seeds, chia seeds, flax seeds, and baking powder. Then add some plant milk to combine everything together. Allow the mix to rest overnight, then simply 'wake & bake'.
- Mix the ingredients in one bowl
- Rest overnight (or for at least 1 hour to activate the chia and flax seeds)
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes, until golden and fragrant
- Enjoy warm or cold and garnish as desired.
Chefs Top Tip
- Make this mix the night before, then you just have to pop it in the oven as you get up and do your morning routine. The incredible sweet spice aromas will take over the kitchen.
- This recipe is flexible to substitute ingredients; try adding some pineapple, berries, pumpkin or grated apple for variations instead of carrot.
Batch cooking and meal prep
This recipe is perfect for breakfast meal-prep, make a big batch and it can keep for 3 days. Portion it out for the days ahead. It can be eaten hot or cold.
What to serve with your carrot cake baked oatmeal
More healthy super-powered recipes to try...
- Pumpkin pie baked oats
- Oat & chia bircher muesli
- Oat porridge
- Quinoa porridge
- Teff marathon bowl
- Buckwheat kasha
- Banana & oat protein pancakes
- Banana bread
I hope you enjoy this recipe. I'm very happy to share it with you. If you do make this recipe please let me know in the comments below what you think. I love seeing your recreations. You may tag me on Instagram #holisticchefacademy and join me on Pinterest, Facebook, or Instagram for more healthy recipes and videos.
Whats for breakfast?
Start your day the right way my friends and make each day your masterpiece. Making the decision to have a good sustaining healthy breakfast each day will set you up for a fruitful day ahead.
Vegan Carrot Cake Baked Oatmeal
- Weighing scales
- Mixing bowl
- Micro-plane grater
- Baking dish
- Serving bowl
- 150 g Carrots grated
- 150 g Oats
- 100 g Banana mashed
- 2 teaspoon Baking powder
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon powder
- ½ teaspoon Nutmeg powder
- 1 teaspoon Pink salt
- 40 g Walnuts lightly crushed
- 20 g Raisin
- 20 g Dates remove stone and cut in ¼
- 30 g Pumpkin seeds
- 10 g Flax seeds - golden
- 10 g Chia seeds
- 10 ml Maple syrup
- 350 ml Almond milk
- Assemble all ingredients.
- Coarsely grate the carrots.
- Mix the oats with the cinnamon, nutmeg, pink salt, and baking powder in a large bowl.
- Mash the banana with a fork.
- Add the almond milk, maple, grated carrots and mashed banana, fold in well.
- Add in the chopped walnuts, raisins, dates, chia, flax and pumpkin seeds.
- Add the carrot cake oat mix to a baking dish and flatten down slightly.
- Bake at 190c / 375f for 30 - 35 minutes.
- Let rest for 5 minutes before serving.