Easy to make, enjoyed by all, these Plant Powered Banana & Oat Protein Pancakes will supercharge you for the day ahead. Light, fluffy and delicious pancakes full of plant protein, good carbohydrates, fats and essential minerals.
What better way to start the day than with a nice plate of fresh, homemade, delicious, healthy pancakes?
To make your morning even better, these pancakes are;
- 100% healthy
- 100% gluten-free
- Quick & easy to make
- Cost effective
- Olive oil
- Rice milk
Oats and hazelnuts provide a good foundation, chickpea flour binds everything together, bananas provide natural sweetness, olive oil helps lighten the mix and rice milk brings all these fantastic ingredients together for a gold medal winning pancake batter.
I really believe eating healthy must be enjoyable and this recipes stands true to my ethos. These pancakes are filled with real superfoods and essential nutrients.
Full of fibre to keep your digestive system regular, protein to keep you feeling full and complex-carbohydrates to keep you energised throughout the day.
Learn more about the incredible health benefits of oats in my ingredient blog.
How to make
- Pop the oats and hazelnuts to blender, blitz for 10 seconds until they become flour consistency.
- Place the banana, olive oil, honey, baking powder, salt and cinnamon to mixing bowl and mash with fork.
- Add banana mix together with the oats, hazelnuts, chickpea flour and rice milk.
- Fold everything altogether until nice and smooth.
- Chill out for 20 minutes, let the batter rest before cooking.
- And there you have it, your Plant Powered Banana & Oat Protein Pancake batter is RTG (ready to go!)
What to serve with
We all enjoy pancakes with different toppings, fruits and garnishes. Feel free to get creative and add what HEALTHY ingredients you like (easy on the syrups!)
I like to top my pancakes with blueberry chia seed jam and fresh banana.
Lets get flipping some pancakes...
Banana & Oat Protein Pancakes
- Weighing scales
- Mixing bowl
- Frying pan - non stick
- 120 g Banana ripe
- 20 ml Olive oil
- 20 ml Honey
- 6 g Baking powder
- 1 g Pink salt
- 1 pinch Cinnamon powder
- 270 ml Rice milk
- 100 g Oats
- 30 g Hazelnuts
- 50 g Chickpea flour
- 30 ml Coconut oil for frying pancakes
- Add the banana to mixing bowl and mash with a fork.
- Add the olive oil, rice milk, honey, baking powder, salt and cinnamon.
- Mix well with spatula.
- Grind the hazelnuts in the blender for 10 seconds until ground.
- Add the oats to the blender and grind for 10 seconds.
- Sift the chick pea flour.
- Fold all the hazelnut. oats and chickpea flour into the bowl with the wet ingredients.
- Allow mix to rest for at least 20 minutes.
To make the pancakes
- Add a splash of coconut oil to the frying pan and add 2 large spoons of the batter in neat pancake shapes. Depending on the size of your pan, you should be able to fit about 3 into the pan at the same time.
- Cook on a very low gentle heat until golden brown on both sides and nice and light and fluffy on the inside.
- Transfer to serving plate and top with all you favourite garnishes.
- Try adding various plant milks. Almond or coconut milks work well also.
- Substitute the hazelnuts for Brazils, cashews or almonds as an alternative.
Chefs Top tip
Make the batter the night before for best results.
Start your day the right way...
Have you heard of my new 'Cook@Home' online classes?
I've just launched a series of LIVE healthy cooking classes for you to join from anywhere in the world.
Starting on Sunday 28th February