Strengthen your immune system with this easy homemade apple, lime and ginger shot immunity booster.
You only need a few simple ingredients to make this ginger shot at home
- Ginger root
I've grown to love these potent nutrition bombs. My body actually craves that fiery ginger spiced hit and energising boost....
Ginger shot immunity booster health benefits
With this apple, lime and ginger shot recipe, you are boosting your immunity to strengthen your bodies natural defenses.
Why you should be taking ginger shots regularly?
Once you have downed a ginger shot your body feels more alive and energised. We put our bodies through so much everyday, it’s important to give back and replenish.
Give yourself a little TLC with regular ginger shots.
Fresh ginger not only boosts your immune system, it also contains anti-bacterial effects and is known for its anti-inflammatory and anti-oxidant effects.
Ginger shots are also beneficial if you caught a cold. Double the dose during this time.
Ginger root is an incredible superfood
Here are some more benefits of ginger root
- Soothes Upset Stomachs & Aids Digestion
- Boosts Your Immune System
- Fights Infection
- Revs Up Your Metabolism
- Helps Your Body Recover Faster Post-Workout
- Regulates Blood Sugar
Learn more about the health benefits of ginger root
Homemade ginger immune boosting shots
This easy-to-make recipe can be prepared on the weekend or an evening when you have 15 minutes to spare...
How long does it last?
Keep refrigerated and store in a glass bottle, this shot stays fresh for at least 3 days.
- There are other ingredients you can add like cayenne powder (which is great to get rid of mucus), spirulina or turmeric powder
- If you don’t have a cold press juicer, place all the ingredients in a blender, add some water and blend until smooth.
- If you never had ginger shots before, they are a little bit intense! You can add more water or a touch of sweetener to adjust to your taste buds!
Lets dive in then...
Without further ado, here is my favourite immune boosting ginger recipe for you to enjoy.
Ginger Immunity Booster
- Cold press juicer
- Chopping board
- Chefs knife
- Storage bottle
- 150 g Ginger root
- 6 each Apple - green
- 2 each Lime unwaxed and peeled
- Assemble and weigh out ingredients.
- Wash the ginger, apple and lime.
- Peel the green skin from the lime.
- Cut the apple, ginger and lime into pieces small enough to fit into the juicer.
- Put all ingredients through the juicer.
- Stir and enjoy.
- Store in a glass bottle in the fridge for up to 3 days.
- Enjoy a shot a day first this in the morning or in between meals.
- Either limes or lemons work fine for this recipe.
- Pears are a nice variation from apples.
- Sweeten with a little touch of honey.
- Warm gently for a mulled apple tonic.