Strengthen your immune system with this easy homemade apple, lime and ginger shot immunity booster.
Ingredients to make this ginger shot at home
- Ginger root
I've grown to love these potent nutrition bombs. My body actually craves that fiery ginger-spiced hit and energizing boost...
Ginger shot immunity booster health benefits
With this apple, lime, and ginger shot recipe, you are boosting your immunity to strengthen your body's natural defenses.
Why you should be taking ginger shots regularly?
Once you have downed a ginger shot your body feels more alive and energized. We put our bodies through so much every day, it’s important to give back and replenish.
Give yourself a little TLC with regular ginger shots.
Fresh ginger not only boosts your immune system but also contains anti-bacterial effects and is known for its anti-inflammatory and antioxidant effects.
Ginger shots are also beneficial if you caught a cold. Double the dose during this time.
Ginger root is an incredible superfood
Here are some more benefits of ginger root
- Soothes Upset Stomachs & Aids Digestion
- Boosts Your Immune System
- Fights Infection
- Revs Up Your Metabolism
- Helps Your Body Recover Faster Post-Workout
- Regulates Blood Sugar
Learn more about the health benefits of ginger root
Homemade ginger shot immunity booster
This easy-to-make recipe can be prepared on the weekend or on an evening when you have 15 minutes to spare...
How long does it last?
Keep refrigerated and store in a glass bottle, this shot stays fresh for at least 3 days.
- There are other ingredients you can add like cayenne powder (which is great to get rid of mucus), spirulina, or turmeric powder
- If you don’t have a cold press juicer, place all the ingredients in a blender, add some water and blend until smooth.
- If you never had ginger shots before, they are a little bit intense! You can add more water or a touch of sweetener to adjust to your taste buds!
More healthy juice recipes to try
Let's jump in...
Without further ado, here is my favorite immune-boosting ginger recipe for you to enjoy.
Ginger Immunity Booster
- Chopping board
- Chefs knife
- Storage bottle
- 150 g Ginger root
- 6 each Apple - green
- 2 each Lime unwaxed and peeled
- Assemble and weigh out ingredients.
- Wash the ginger, apple and lime.
- Peel the green skin from the lime.
- Cut the apple, ginger and lime into pieces small enough to fit into the juicer.
- Put all ingredients through the juicer.
- Stir and enjoy.
- Store in a glass bottle in the fridge for up to 3 days.
- Enjoy a shot a day first this in the morning or in between meals.
- Either limes or lemons work fine for this recipe.
- Pears are a nice variation from apples.
- Sweeten with a little touch of honey.
- Warm gently for a mulled apple tonic.
Thank you Breda, I'm delighted you like them. Thank you for the inspiration. Keep being creative in the kitchen x
Revitalising! I usually opt for lemons when juicing with ginger but after having tried your variation I can say it is definitely a tasty alternative that I will continue.
Hi Emily. Delighted you enjoyed the recipe. Yes indeed it works equally as well with lemons. Here in Thailand organic limes are in abundance. Both lemons and limes contain a great amount of vitamin C and anti-oxidants. Good health wishes 🙂
Tried this quick recipe this evening for a head cold. I must say it not only feels healthy to drink, but tasty too! Gives a good hit! Cheers Jamie
Hi Stevo, delighted you made the recipe. A good ginger hit is needed on a regular basis. Check out some of my other recipes and let me know if you would like any specific recipes. Cheers 🙂