These South American inspired healthy Brazil, fig & cacao energy balls are a delicious and nutritious addition to your daily routine.
Brazil nuts, figs and cacao.. Put these three ingredients together with sesame tahini and cinnamon spice and you have some delicious super-powered energy boosters to be enjoyed anytime of day.
High in unsaturated fats and packed with selenium. They also support inflammation, heart health, brain, immune system and thyroid function.
High in natural sugars, minerals and soluble fibre. Figs are rich in minerals including potassium, calcium, magnesium, iron and copper and are a good source of antioxidant vitamins A and K.
Loaded with anti-oxidants and essential minerals such as calcium, iron and magnesium. Cacao is a natural mood elavator and anti-depressant.
These nutritional energy boosters balls can be assembled in a matter of minutes. Make a double or triple recipe and store in the fridge.
Brazil, Fig & Cacao Selenium Boosters
- Weighing scales
- Mixing bowl
- 200 g Dried figs stem removed
- 200 g Brazil nuts
- 30 ml Honey
- 1 g Cinnamon powder
- 100 g White sesame tahini
- 20 g Cacao powder
- Assemble and weigh all ingredients.
- Put Brazil nuts in the magimix and then pulse to coarse crumb consistency.
- Add the remaining ingredients and continue to process until the mixture comes together.
- Transfer to mixing bowl with spatula
- Using your hands roll into 25g ball or to whatever size you like!
- Place on a tray and roll in desicatted coconut.
- Place in the fridge for 1 hour to set-up.