Carrot and pineapple salad is a refreshing and nutritious dish that combines the sweetness of fresh pineapple with the crisp texture and earthy flavor of carrots.
Carrot and pineapple salad is a healthy and delicious plant-based dish that is perfect for any occasion. Not only is this salad easy to make, but it is also packed with essential nutrients.
It pairs well with many other dishes. The combination of sweet pineapple and tart cranberries adds a unique flavor profile to this salad. It is sure to be a crowd-pleaser at any gathering.
How to make carrot and pineapple salad
To make this salad, start by peeling and julienning the carrots and pineapple. Next, add the dried cranberries and apple juice to a bowl and let it sit for a few minutes. Then, add the julienne carrots and pineapple to the bowl and toss the ingredients together. Once everything is well combined, your salad is ready to serve.
In addition to being tasty and nutritious, this carrot and pineapple salad is also easy to customize. You can add other ingredients such as raisins, nuts, or herbs to make it even more flavorful. You can also adjust the sweetness level by adding more or less apple juice to suit your taste.
Nutritional content of carrot and pineapple salad
- Carrots are an excellent source of beta-carotene, which is converted to vitamin A in the body and is essential for maintaining healthy skin, eyesight, and a robust immune system.
- Pineapple is rich in vitamin C, which is essential for collagen production and a healthy immune system.
- Dried cranberries provide a good source of antioxidants, which help protect the body against damage from harmful free radicals.
- Apple juice is a good source of natural sugars, which provide energy for the body. It's natural sweetness helps balance out the tartness of the cranberries.
More recipes to try
Carrot & Pineapple Salad
- Weighing scales
- Chopping board
- Chefs knife
- Mixing bowl
- Serving bowl
- 200 g Carrots julienne
- 200 g Pineapple julienne
- 40 g Dried cranberries
- 40 ml Apple juice
- Assemble all ingredients.
- Peel and julienne the carrots with a mandoline or Thai peeler.
- Cut the pineapple into julienne strips.
- Chop the coriander.
- Juice the apples.
- Add everything to a mixing bowl.200 g Carrots, 200 g Pineapple, 40 g Dried cranberries, 40 ml Apple juice
- Mix carefully, making sure to coat everything with the apple juice. Allow to marinate for 10-20 minutes before serving.
- Try using carrot juice or pineapple juice as an alternative to apple in case of oxidation.
- Add some fresh herbs for extra flavor.