Enjoy the aromatic flavours of Thai cuisine with this delicious Vegan Thai Red Curry. Full of plant-powered goodness to satisfy your hunger and taste buds.
When I want a meal that is warm, comforting, quick and fairly low-effort, then a Thai curry is where it’s at. I always keep homemade curry pastes in my freezer, ready to use whenever I want. Combine them with coconut milk and your favourite vegetables or protein of choice and serve alongside some rice or noodles and you have a recipe worth returning to time and time again.
The secret to a good curry is of course a good curry paste!
If you don’t have the Thai red curry paste already sitting in your fridge/freezer, then don’t worry because it takes just 5 minutes to blend up the paste from scratch, and it’s ready to use immediately.
Thai Red Curry Star Ingredients
- Thai red curry paste
- Coconut milk
- Kaffir lime leaves
- Thai basil
- Palm sugar
- Soy sauce
You can then add your favourite vegetables or pulses to the curry. Some of my favourite additions are:
- Sweet potato
- Garden peas
- Baby corn
Is there anything more cozy than a big bowl of curry?
Perfect for a lunch or dinner time meal, delicious served with rice or noodles! This recipe is flexible to adapt to use whichever local seasonal ingredients are available.
So let us know what you think of this Thai Red Curry in the comments below and please rate the recipe too, thanks!
Sign up to my email list to keep updated on all new recipes and courses been published.
MORE THAI RECIPES TO TRY
Happy cooking my friends, let me know if you make this recipe. I love to see your creations, tag #holisticchefacademy.
Vegan Thai Red Curry
- Weighing scales
- Chopping board
- Chefs knife
- Saucepan - medium size
- Wooden spoon
- Serving bowl
- 20 ml Coconut oil
- 20 g Red curry paste to taste
- 400 ml Coconut milk
- 100 g Cauliflower
- 100 g Mushroom selection
- 100 g Broccoli
- 100 g Tofu
- 50 g Garden peas
- 50 g Baby corn
- 2 tbsp Soy sauce
- 2 tbsp Palm sugar
- 4 each Kaffir lime leaves
- ⅓ bunch Holy basil
- 1 each Sweet red chili
- 1 tsp Pink salt to taste
- Assemble and measure all ingredients.
- Cut broccoli and cauliflower into medium sized florets.
- Cut mushroom into medium sized pieces.
- Cut baby corn into small rounds.
- Cut tofu into small dice.
- Break kaffir lime leaf in half and pick fresh holy basil leaves.
- Slice red chili into rounds.
- Warm oil in pan and gently sauté the red curry paste until fragrant.
- Add half the coconut milk, palm sugar and stir slowly to mix thoroughly until sugar is dissolved. Cook out for 3 minutes and then add the remaining coconut milk.
- Add broccoli, cauliflower, tofu, mushrooms, baby corn, chili, kaffir lime leaf and soy sauce to the curry.
- Warm through for 6-8 minutes until everything is cooked.
- Adjust flavour with soy sauce and pink salt.
- Add the garden peas, Thai holy basil and infuse for another 2 minutes.
- Serve in a warm bowl with steamed rice or noodles.
- Garnish with sliced red chili, lime leaf and holy basil leaf.