This quick spiced almond flatbread recipe is a great addition to any curry, soup or dal recipe. You can even use it as a pizza base. 100% gluten free and easy to make in only 5 minutes with 3 main ingredients.
Shop bought naan breads and flatbreads contain a lot of additives and preservatives. The best way to avoid these nasty chemicals is to make your own healthier flatbreads.
Spiced almond flatbread ingredients
3 main ingredients - 100% gluten-free
- Almond flour
- Almond milk
- Tapioca flour
Get creative by adding various spices and herbs to the mix before cooking. Try adding cumin, turmeric, coriander, chili or any of your favourite spice blends.
Equipment you will need
No fancy equipment needed
- Mixing bowl
- Non-stick frying pan
Tapioca is a grain free starch made from cassava root, an ingredient used extensively in Asia and South America. It is easy on the digestion, a good source of calcium and iron. Tapioca is very versatile in many recipes and helps give a nice doughy consistency.
Almonds contain many vitamins, essential minerals, protein, and fibre.. offering many positive health benefits. They are also versatile, you can incorporate them into many different dishes. Almonds come in many shapes and forms: nibbed, flaked, whole, flour and milk.
5 minutes to make
No excuses, get your mixing bowl out and whisk all these ingredients together. I'm really happy to pass this recipe onto you. I hope you enjoy it for many years to come.
Spiced Almond Flatbread
- Weighing scales
- Mixing bowl
- Frying pan - non stick
- 200 ml Almond milk
- 100 g Almonds - ground
- 100 g Tapioca flour
- 40 ml Coconut oil
- 3 g Turmeric powder
- 2 g Cumin seed
- ½ teaspoon Pink salt
- Assemble and weigh out all ingredients.
- Add ground almonds, tapioca flour, almond milk and turmeric into a mixing bowl.
- Whisk for 30 seconds until smooth.
- Season with pink salt.
- Allow to rest for 15 minutes.
- Allow for about 10ml of coconut oil per 100g bread.
- Cook in a non-stick frying pan for about 2 minutes until golden brown and crisp.
- Turn over, sprinkle flatbreads with cumin seeds and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Transfer to serving plate or keep warm until ready to serve.