Plant-based wellness chef consulting for F&B concept developments. Currently located in Thailand, offering bespoke in-house culinary training programs to take your F&B menu developments to the next level of holistic wellness cuisine.
Manifesto - Our Culinary Philosophy
‘Cuisine’ is the essence of food within a culture. All around the world, people are becoming more aware and conscious of clean, healthy, and sustainable living.
Over the past 10 years, I've created a cuisine formulated with a holistic and healthy approach to living by offering real, clean, unprocessed, fresh whole foods that are as close to their natural states as possible.
Educate - Inspire- Empower
Our Holistic Wellness Cuisine is inspired by nature, the changing seasons, and the way people experience food, refining a State of Mind behind eating.
It's in this spirit that I aim to preserve the nutritional integrity of raw ingredients by minimizing the processes involved in preparing them.
In doing so, extracting maximum nutrition while maintaining the vital life force of the food to increase energy and overall wellbeing.
- Manifesto - Our Culinary Philosophy
- Educate - Inspire- Empower
- Wellness Chef Consulting Services
- 1. Signature recipe and menu development
- 2. Concept design and implementation
- 3. Professional Chef on-the-job training
- 4. Food styling and photography
- 5. Cookery School Course Curriculum Development
- 6. Live Cooking Demonstrations
- 7. Themed Guest Chef Dining Experiences
- 8. Food Cost Management
- 9. Developing food sustainability practices
- 10. Digitalize Menus
- Wellness chef consulting - opportunities and challenges
- Who is wellness chef consulting suitable for?
- Why invest in wellness chef consulting?
- A good mentor's job is to call it as it is...
- How do we start to work together?
- Current trending blog recipes
- More information
Wellness Chef Consulting Services
Each training program is bespoke to suit clients' individual needs and vision; below are some of the services available.
- Signature recipe and menu development
- Concept design and implementation
- Professional wellness chef on-the-job team training
- Food styling and photography
- Cookery school course curriculum development
- Live cooking demonstrations
- Themed guest chef dining experiences
- Food cost management
- Develop sustainability practices
- Digitalize menus
1. Signature recipe and menu development
Bespoke holistic wellness menu and recipe development to suit your business, teams, and guests' needs.
Example Menu Themes
Fully engineered recipes with pictures, methods, nutrition, allergens, and carbon emissions rating.
- Afternoon tea
- Children's menu
- Tapas, snacks, appetizers
- Juice menus
- Hot & cold drinks
- Tonics & mocktails
- Raw food
- Gut health
- Cholesterol balancing
- Blood sugar balancing
- Brain foods
- Skin health
- Cancer care
- Middle Eastern
- North African
- Traditional Chinese
Events / Catering
- Home delivery
- Outside catering
- Ghost kitchens
- Medical centers
- Care homes
- Sports performance
- Muscle building
- Injury prevention
- High protein
- Meal plans
2. Concept design and implementation
Launching a new holistic wellness concept?
- New opening
- Post-covid rebuild
- Outside catering service
- Home catering service
- Private chef training
Plant-Based Dining Concept Examples:
- Breakfast super-bowls
- Poke bowls
- Buddha bowls
- Burger bar
- Vegan pizza
- Taco bar
- Sushi bar
- Smoothie & n'ice cream bowls
- Vegan bakery
- Healthy café / deli
- Healthy desserts
- Raw desserts
- Athletes fitness cuisine
Departmental Strategies & Clear Vision:
- What is your purpose?
- Who is your market?
- Define your goals and clear vision
- Define your brand, aim, and vision through your food
- Develop a road map and clear strategy for moving forwards
- Get the entire team on board and have fun striving in the same direction for mutual benefit.
Team motivation with a sense of purpose is everything. Having a motivated and inspired team is the foundation for lasting success.
3. Professional Chef on-the-job training
The fun part!
All recipes we develop will be communicated to the entire team via live demonstrations with tasting, feedback, and Q&A time. The entire team gains an understanding of the recipes, ingredients, nutrition, and techniques.
Culinary Training Highlights
- Kitchen organization and workflow
- Communication / ordering process / fridge organisation / stock control
- New ingredient inspiration
- Modern kitchen equipment and techniques
- Daily workflow/planning ahead / daily briefings
- Dietary requirements / taking vegan orders from guests
- Allergy awareness training
- Basic nutrition training
If your team is happy, motivated, and inspired your food and service will shine.
Happy team = Happy guest! It can be as simple as that.
4. Food styling and photography
You may have the best product in the world, but if you cannot communicate it properly, no one will know about you.
Food styling and photography training are available as part of our overall service.
Learn how to capture your food in a way to attract new guests to come and visit. Capture your story and share it with your online community to engage and build up brand awareness.
Introduction to showcasing your cuisine on Instagram, Facebook, TikTok, Youtube, and Pinterest.
5. Cookery School Course Curriculum Development
Thinking of launching a plant-based vegan cookery school?
Jamie has taught in the top cookery schools and Universities in UK & Thailand. We can work together to develop your own signature curriculum, courses, and workshops.
6. Live Cooking Demonstrations
Cooking demonstrations are a great way to engage and interact with your guests and members. We have a wide range of themes to suit any occasion. Cooking demonstrations can be hosted LIVE for in-house guests or broadcast on LIVE streaming social media platforms to share your story with your community.
7. Themed Guest Chef Dining Experiences
Develop your own themed plant-based dining events. Create fun and exciting dining events in-house to attract more clientele to your business.
The Holistic Chef team is available for creating guest chef collaborative dining events.
Sample guest chef event review - Salutation Inn, Topsham, Devon
8. Food Cost Management
Many chefs leave food costing until the last thing, only realizing there is a problem with the menu when the P&L is issued.
- Learn how to cost a dish and menu.
- Develop a balanced menu that is accurately costed.
- Hit your FCOS% targets every month.
9. Developing food sustainability practices
Did you know: 33% of all food produced is lost or wasted?
We all know food wastage contributes negatively to the environment.
Certain menu items impact the environment with higher carbon emissions. Developing more sustainable operating practices not only helps save the environment; your business can become more profitable and your brand identity will become more credible.
This is especially relevant in these current times when many consumers are making more conscious and ethical decisions on their food choices.
I have recently partnered with My Emissions. A very exciting feature has been launched; allowing me to calculate carbon emissions for specific recipes and ingredients.
In Thailand, I partner with LightBlue Consulting
10. Digitalize Menus
Printed paper menus are fast becoming a thing of the past. They are costly and time-consuming to update. I partner with FineDineMenu - the leading provider of Digital menus.
- Maximize your revenue
- Decrease operational costs
- Go paperless and contactless
- Improve team productivity
- Save time and energy
- Streamline all menu writing to one cloud-based platform
- Streamline all F&B service offerings to one platform and one sharable QR code
- Update all menus in an instant
- All allergens and nutrition details were communicated to the guest
- Bring your digital menus to life with short videos of chef finishing a dish
- Improve the guest experience and get instant feedback on customizable forms
- Boost upsells and customizes what dishes you want to recommend.
- Full menu engineering - track bestsellers - cut low sellers.
- Menu available to present to guests via digital tablet menu or QR code
- Take away and home delivery features are available.
Wellness chef consulting - opportunities and challenges
- Learn how to create delicious plant-based, vegan-friendly dishes that will reduce food waste and will maximize meal sales.
- Develop proven steps to ensure that your staff is well trained to practice food safety protocols and respond confidently to customer dietary requests.
- Successfully position your business as a leading wellness and vegan destination.
- Capitalize on the fastest growing trend of our time?
While wellness and vegan dining are on the rise, the lack of professional development in this area has prevented businesses from fully satisfying customers' needs.
If you own or lead a restaurant, hotel, hospitality group, or food service business, this training will help your entire team achieve the goal of confidently catering to this ever-growing market, and keep them returning time and time again.
Due to the exponential growth of veganism and demand for vegan-friendly dining worldwide, every person working in the hospitality industry is expected to know the basics of vegan food service and be able to meet the needs of their vegan guests.
What happens when teams are not properly trained?
- Customers feel misunderstood
- Businesses and staff receive disappointing reviews
- Lose out on new and repeat guests
Even if you have delicious vegan food on your menu, the server’s ability to discuss and deliver the dish with confidence can make or break your 5-star review.
Who is wellness chef consulting suitable for?
- Wellness hotels, resorts, and spas
- Holistic-centered hotels and resorts
- Restaurants and cafes
- Sports and fitness centers
- Sports teams
- Schools and Universities
- Retail product development teams
- Corporate dining
- Cookery schools
- Medical centers
- Nursing homes
Why invest in wellness chef consulting?
- Turn around your business
- Improve bottom line profitability and guest satisfaction
- Determine your USP / niche
- Develop new skills and techniques within the team
- Invest in your team's training and development
- Invest in the future success
- Improver staff retention/highlight the weak areas
- Fresh pair of eyes in your business
- Boost morale and team spirit
- Tangible results
- Manage food costs = properly cost a dish and menu
- Manage payroll %
- Improve kitchen working practices
- Keep up with consumer demand and trends
- Reconstruct your menus to reflect local seasonal foods and changing trends in the market.
- Train your team in the newest cooking methods
- Re-launch a new concept
- Develop your outside catering opportunities
- Build positive brand awareness
A good mentor's job is to call it as it is...
You're not paying consultant fees to get a ''yes chef' answer to every question.
You need facts and meaningful strategies to initiate change. Sometimes, that means hearing things you don't like. Being uncomfortable and out of the box means measurable results.
The team will receive personal and specialized instruction
Holistic Wellness Chef Consulting translates to training, development, and guidance just for your establishment. There is no one size fits all solution to every situation. Jamie is addressing your unique situation with unique solutions.
The team stays in-house
The best classroom your team can have is their own kitchen and dining room. In this familiar place, there are no distractions, attendance is assured and post-instruction practice is as close as the prep counters.
How do we start to work together?
Send me a message with your situation, requirements, challenges, goals, and vision for moving forwards. We will arrange a Zoom meeting to discuss and I will get back to you with a proposal of how we can start to work together.
Current trending blog recipes
- Kanom jeen noodles
- Pad see ew noodles
- Vegan granola
- Black rice porridge
- Baked carrot cake oats
- Teff marathon bowl
- Socca flatbread
- Chickpea tofu
- Turmeric latte
- Turmeric jamu
- Spirulina energy balls
- No-bake flapjack
- Hazelnut chocolate balls
I did a great session with Jamie at The Imperial Collage, London with my exec chef Richard, on various fermenting techniques and the use of other healthy and nutritional ingredients in some product and recipe development. Jamie has a great depth of knowledge on healthy foods that are important in todays diet, allergy driven world.Tom Aikens, Restaurant Muse, London
Jamie has been a regular guest chef teacher for 2 years at Leith's on our dedicated Nutrition in Practice course and his own raw food and fermentation workshops. Students are highly receptive to his teaching style, knowledge, and enthusiasm. He is great to work alongside. Those of us who were lucky enough to have taught with him always admire his professional and passionate approach. We woulden't hesitate to recommend Jamie!Leith's Cookery School, London